Hi! This little beauty is now available on my etsy shop!
Hello! Ever have those crafts that are so beautiful and you can’t wait to try… but the entire process is one failure after another? Well… this was that craft for me! I had been searching for exact directions and I wasn’t successful. I was determined to make this little gem so I mapped out a plan (that was awful). Once I learned a few dos and don’ts the product below was created. Ready for this? Here we go!
What you’ll need:
- Pretty paper (I used blue paper)
- Clip art
- Mod Podge
- Frosted Glass Spray Paint
- Lights (I used a tea light)
- Step One- Spray the jar with the frosted glass spray paint.
- Step Two- Using clip art, layout the under the sea design. You’ll want to make sure you measure the jar and set the template to the same measurements. It’s also better to over estimate than underestimate! (That’s one of those lessons I learned)
- Step Three- Cut out template and use Mod Podge to secure to the inside of the jar. This part gets tricky because you have to get the paper into the jar before applying the Mod Podge. I used it to mostly seal the top and bottom of the paper.
- Step Four- Using glitter and glue, cover the parts of the jar that the template doesn’t cover. If I do this project again, I’m going to try to put the glitter inside the jar instead of outside.
- Step Five- Drop the lights inside! I used a dimmer tea light for my project. I didn’t realize that the paper I selected was double sided and the pattern on the inside would show when the lights are on. (Another lesson learned…) The brighter the lights, the more you could see the inside pattern (pictured above!)
I hope y’all enjoyed! I’m on the fence about trying this one again! If I do I think it’ll be for my Etsy shop!
Hello! Michael’s has the best selection of fairy garden supplies and this year they have a ton of beachy fairy garden decorations. I have intentions of using some of my fairy garden supplies in one of my Scentsy warmers (I’ll feature that later!), but until then, I wanted to try something different. I made a Mermaid in a Jar! It’s very quick, easy, and looks great in my Mermaid themed bedroom!
What you’ll need:
- Mason Jar
- Glass Pebbles
- Fairy Garden Supplies (I used a mermaid, tiny star fish, and a tiny sign)
I placed the pebbles in the bottom, added the mermaid, sign, and starfish. Then I wrapped a pearl strand around the neck of the bottle and glued into place! Pretty quick and easy. Hope y’all enjoy!